Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today I went to church, and guess who I saw...

Elder Juárez!!!

I was chatting with my mom the other day, and she told be that calvin got transferred into " a stake that starts with a 'W' that has a Spanish branch..." Right away, I knew it was the Wandsworth stake... one of the stakes that the BYU kids are assigned to. (We are each assigned to a group of 3 or 4, and given a ward to serve in... I am in the Hyde Park Stake, and teach primary and play the piano. You are probably thinking... Karli can't play the piano- you're right. I can't, but I pretend to play the top hand.) Cherie emailed the mission president to find out what ward he was assigned, and i was able to go see him today... fun huh? I took him some lovely cupcakes, some toblerone, lion candy bars, and a Spanish dictionary so he can brush up on his Spanish... I am sure it won't take him long... that kid has the gift of tongues. I also delivered words of love from his wonderful family... he loved hearing about everyone- and he sends his love. I was so excited to see him, and surprise him. He didn't know I would be there so it was perfect. I felt like a true Juárez with the whole missionary/surprise thing. . . I was in the front of the chapel when he walked in, and I ran to the back to deliver my gifts! I was a little flustered/excited as I was trying to explain my search to find him, and he was a bit confused i think, so I just told him we would talk after the meeting. We went to sunday school and I got a glimpse of him in his gospel action during our class, he is on fire. I can tell he is a great teacher and fabulous missionary. It was nice to see a familiar face after going so long without... I am sure the feelings were mutual. We had a good visit. I am so glad I was able to see him! He is doing great. Not that he would tell me any different, but I could tell. He is happy. Go Calvin! You rock... keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Woo Hoo! So glad you were able to make it happen on your last Sunday in London! It must have been meant to be!

olivia said...

YAY! YAY!

THIS IS SO SO FUN. WE LOVE YOU (BOTH!)

SO GREAT THAT IT'S A SURPRISE!

YOU'RE SUCH AN AWESOME JUAREZ. :)

Sue said...

How very exciting to have an Ord fest in London!

Cherie said...

Karli pulled off an amazing aligning of the planets!! Can't believe how that all fell together just in 24 hours! --Calvin happened to mention the name of the stake in passing, while also requesting a Span dictionary, Sandy happened to be chatting w/ Karli when we happened to stop by (like THAT ever happens)-I just happened to get an email from the mission office a week ago (the first i've ever email address). We took a "shot in the dark" that someone in office would even reply on their Sat to tell us to what ward Calvin was assigned so we could tell Karli in time... all fell in place perfectly in 24 hours -- with a hefty dose of follow through from Karli!!!

Amie said...

That is so awesome. What a fun reunion. Calvin looks so grown-up in those pics! Way to go Karli Coy!