Monday, January 12, 2009

FOR BRIG... AND THE REST OF YOU TOO...

I'm excited to have branched out a bit this semester: I have one class in my schedule that is not design-related! It's Family History, and I'm really excited to learn all about it. I've always been way into journals, loved scrapbooks, kept tickets & newspaper clippings, certificates and awards, and now I get to see which of my ancestors loved these things too...

My assignments revolve around one family the whole semester. I'm going to email you, too, Brig, just in case you don't visit this every day. But I wanted to let the rest of you know what I'm up to so you can help if possible as well. (Or learn about what I learn too). It's all Greek to me now, but apparently I've got a teacher so she can teach me.

But, FYI, I have to choose one family (one set of parents and their children) with the following preferred qualities (family doesn't have to qualify for them all):
  • lived in USA
  • at least 4 children
  • parents married after 1850
  • at least one of the children born before 1910
  • needed temple work for some of family members
So Brig, (ahem, Family Historian), do any certain families come to mind from that time period? Like I said, these are "more like guidelines anyway"... even if the family has all the temple work done, I still need a family where I can practice using software, gathering information, etc. Any particular family group sheet that I can help with?

Or if any of the rest of you know, I'm hoping for anyone's knowledge and help!

I'm excited about the point of the class: "to come to KNOW and LOVE your family".

2 comments:

Amie said...

that sounds like an awesome class...please do keep us posted on what you learn!

Sue said...

wow - good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes...